Providing experienced automobile accident representation
If you’ve been injured in a motor vehicle accident, you’re most likely facing significant medical expenses and time away from work, along with other challenges. The Law Offices of Scott M. Schweiger is here to help you navigate through the maze of justice.
Best tips to avoid making a mistake with your case
When going up against the legal system, here are several things you should do and NOT do in order to get what you deserve:
- Do not move your car until the police have arrived.
- Take pictures of bruises or visible injuries to yourself, along with pictures of damage to the automobiles involved. If You have been given any casts, slings or other medical devices to use as a result of injuries, take pictures of yourself wearing and/or using those devices.
- Do not tell the police or anyone else that you were not injured. Especially with soft tissue injuries, the adrenaline as a result of the accident will mask any initial symptoms. It often takes as much is three days for those symptoms to manifest themselves.
- Begin keeping a journal. It’s very easy to forget the problems you’re injuries have caused you as time passes. A large part of your case and it’s value are associated with pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life. It’s important to document what you’re having trouble doing and any activities you are missing as a result of the accident.
- If you don’t live alone, let your family members know what you were going through. They will be essential witnesses in the case.
- If you feel that you cannot work, you must get a note from a doctor taking you off work or stating your restrictions. Ohio law requires that lost wages are the result of the accident and that a doctor has given you a note that you are restricted or cannot work in order for you to prove and collect those lost wages.
- If you are receiving treatment or physical therapy, is extremely important not to miss those appointments. The Insurance company will use this against you.
At the Law Offices of Scott M Schweiger, we make sure you don’t make these mistakes. Please feel free to contact us for a free initial consultation.